ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING DESIGNER
We seek passionate designers to join us in the exciting world of Architectural Lighting Design!
- Develop lighting designs and schematics for large scale integrated architectural, landscape, & urban design projects involving daylighting and electric lighting through analysis of electrical lighting controls
- Performs light-level and energy consumption calculations, simulations, and detailed analysis of lighting, solar radiation and energy flows
- Performs Building Information Modeling for 2-D and 3-D architectural plans
- Architectural development plans to design an environment that balances aesthetics and design
- Conducts research and compare different designs in addition to developing presentations and documentation of potential lighting designs solutions, including sketches, renderings, detailed calculations, lighting layouts, controls and energy/budget analysis to present design options and plan deliverables to client and team
- Design the build-out package (including the design and all related fixtures)
- Perform complete project management from SD, DD, CD and CA phases
- Create lighting specifications and fixture schedules
- Work under supervision of Michael Gehring, FAIA Partner; Supervise lighting design interns as needed
Educational and experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Architecture + 18 months of related architectural lighting design experience;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, DIVA, AGI32, ComCheck, Filmmaker, Specman, Adobe PDF, Bluebeam and MS Office Suite.
We offer excellent compensation, multiple medical plan options, dental, vision and 401(k) plans.
Submit a cover letter along with examples of work in PDF format via email to: email@example.com